Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood is in hot demand after it has made its rounds to a few fan festivals. At the most recent however, the release date was officially announced as June 20th, 2017 with pre-orders for the expansion beginning on January 24th. This marks the second large expansion for the game since its relaunch as Reborn.
Within its many new features however, there are just a few that have been completely confirmed so far.
- New DPS Job: Red Mage – Somehow, this job finally made it into the game and instead of being a sort of healer, it embraces the destructive side of magic and combat as a DPS role. Its uniqueness lies in being able to switch between red-magic and sword slashes almost seamlessly. Not to mention their signature chainspell allows them to combo magic for explosive results.
- Swimming And Diving – Similar to Heavensward, Stormblood adds a brand new mode of locomotion. Players can now dive into the water and see what lies beneath in both new and previous areas. The weird thing is, your mounts can also swim now so I imagine some sort of FFX battles may ensue.
- New Beast Tribe and Primal – This is a typical upgrade which was expected.
- New High-Level Raid : The Bend Of Time – The recurring villain Omega is finally going to be confronted and the mystery behind it should be revealed. Unsure of how this will play out but definitely exciting for end game players.
- New Alliance Raid – This one is a little surprising as they brought in two creators from outside of the FFXIV team to create this one. Themed as “The return to Ivalice”, two members from projects such as FFXII, Tactics, Onimusha 2, and Shin Megami Tensei IV will be creating this new raid. If nothing else, it should be super trippy and maybe have some awesome throwbacks to the world of Ivalice.
Though this was the only job announced so far, I would expect even more details on Stormblood during the European Fan Festival set to happen in February. It’s a great time to jump back in as new expansions are often the busiest times for the world of Eorzea.
Andron (or Ace as he likes to call himself) is the so called "Head Honcho" of Bombchu.com. He has a deep passion for video games primarily RPGs, Fighting or Adventure. When not gaming, he's furiously typing on his keyboard or coming up with new schemes.